Last Revised: January 18, 2019
This Policy describes the information that DriverSync gathers from you on the DriverSync Services, how DriverSync uses and discloses such information, and the steps DriverSync takes to protect such information. By using the Service, you consent to the privacy practices described in this Policy.
This Policy is incorporated into and is subject to the DriverSync Terms of Service
and the DriverSync Mobile Application End User License Agreement. Capitalized terms used but not defined in this Policy have the meaning given to them in the DriverSync Terms of Service
1. Information DriverSync collects on the DriverSync Services:
Many DriverSync products are intended for use by organizations, such as motor carriers. If your organization provides you with access to DriverSync products, your use of the DriverSync products is subject to your organization's policies, if any. You should direct your privacy inquiries, including any requests to exercise your data protection rights, to your organization’s administrator. DriverSync is not responsible for the privacy or security practices of our customers, which may differ from those set forth in this privacy statement.
1.1 User-provided Information
While using the DriverSync Services, you may provide and DriverSync may collect what is generally called “personally identifiable information”, or “personal information”. Personal information is information that specifically identifies an individual. Examples of personal information include name, email address, mailing address, mobile phone number, and credit card, banking or other billing or payment information. Personal information also includes other information, such as date of birth, geographic area, or preferences, when any such information is linked to information that identifies a specific individual. You may provide DriverSync with personal information in various ways on the DriverSync Services. For example, you or the Account Owner may provide DriverSync your personal information when your login is created. As another example, you may provide DriverSync personal information when you use the DriverSync Services, upload Your Content, interact with other users of the DriverSync Service through communication or messaging features, or send DriverSync customer service-related requests. DriverSync may also collect non-personal information associated with your use of the Service.
1.2 “Cookies” Information
While using the DriverSync Services, DriverSync may send one or more cookies to your device. DriverSync may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. Cookies are downloaded to your computer and stored on the computer’s hard drive. Please review your web browser “Help" file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete, or choose not to accept, cookies from the DriverSync Services, you may not be able to utilize the features of the DriverSync Services to their fullest potential.
1.3 “Automatically Collected” Information
While using the DriverSync Services, DriverSync may automatically record certain information from your device by using various types of technology. This automatically collected information may include your IP address or other device address or ID, web browser and/or device type, the web pages or sites that you visit just before or just after you use the DriverSync Services, the pages or other content you view or otherwise interact with on the DriverSync Services, and the dates and times that you visit, access, or use the DriverSync Services. “Automatically collected” information may also include device tokens or other forms of device identification. Device tokens or similar device identifiers are unique to each mobile device and DriverSync may use them to send push notifications to your device. These device identifiers do not provide any of your personally identifiable information. This information is gathered from all users.
Some features of the DriverSync Services may offer messaging features such as email, chat or SMS, and our DriverSync Services may use these messaging features to enhance the DriverSync Services. If you use these messaging features DriverSync may collect, store and scan information contained therein. If the messaging feature used is SMS you will be given the opportunity to opt-in prior to using this messaging feature, and to opt-out at any time.
1.5 Third Party Web Beacons, Third Party Buttons, and API Utilization.
At its sole discretion, DriverSync may implement third-party content or advertising on the DriverSync Services which may use clear gifs or other forms of web beacons that allows the third-party content provider to read and write cookies to your browser in connection with your viewing of the third party content on the DriverSync Services.
Additionally, DriverSync, at its sole discretion, may implement third party buttons (such as Facebook “like” or “share” buttons) that may allow third parties to collect information about you through such third parties’ browser cookies, even when you do not interact with the button. Information collected through web beacons and buttons is collected directly by these third parties, and DriverSync does not participate in that data transmission. Additionally, if implemented, DriverSync may share application programming interface utilization statistics of third party APIs with those third parties. If third party APIs are implemented that collect personal information, you will be provided an opportunity to opt-out. Further, information collected by a third party in this manner is subject to that third party’s own data collection, use, and disclosure policies.
1.6 Information from Other Sources.
DriverSync may obtain information, including personal information, from third parties and sources other than the DriverSync Services, such as our partners and advertisers. If we combine or associate information from other sources with personal information that we collect through the DriverSync Services, we will treat the combined information as personal information in accordance with this Policy.
2. How we use the information we collect.
We use information we collect on the Service in a variety of ways in providing the Service and operating our business, including the following:
- DriverSync uses the information collected on the DriverSync Service to operate, maintain, enhance and provide all features of the DriverSync Services, to provide services and information that you or the Account Owner may request, to respond to comments and questions and otherwise to provide support to users.
- DriverSync uses the information collected on the DriverSync Services to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of the DriverSync users, to improve the Service, and to develop new products, services, features, and functionality.
- DriverSync may use your email address or other information collected on the DriverSync Services (i) to contact you for administrative purposes such as customer service, to address intellectual property infringement, privacy violations or defamation issues related to Your Content posted on the DriverSync Services or (ii) to send communications relating to products and services offered by DriverSync. Generally, you have the ability to opt-out of receiving any of these latter communications as described below under “Your Choices.”
- DriverSync may use “cookies” information and “automatically collected” information collected on the DriverSync Services to: (i) personalize our services, such as remembering your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Service; (ii) provide customized advertisements, content, and information; (iii) monitor and analyze the effectiveness of the DriverSync Services marketing activities; (iv) monitor aggregate the DriverSync Services usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed; (v) provide push notifications on mobile devices.
- DriverSync may use your information as may be described in a notice to you at the time the information is collected, or in any other manner to which you consent.
3. When we disclose information.
Except as described in this Policy, DriverSync will not disclose your information it collects on the DriverSync Services to third parties without your consent. DriverSync may disclose some, or all, of your information that it collects on the DriverSync Services to the Account Owner. We may disclose information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- Any information that you voluntarily choose to include in a publicly accessible area of the DriverSync Services will be available to anyone who has access to that content, including other users.
- DriverSync may work with third party service providers to provide website or application development, hosting, maintenance, and other services for us. These third parties may have access to or process your information as part of providing those services for us. Generally, DriverSync limits the information provided to these service providers to that which is reasonably necessary for them to perform their functions, and DriverSync requires them to agree to maintain the confidentiality of such information.
- DriverSync may make certain automatically-collected, aggregated, or otherwise non-personally-identifiable information available to third parties for various purposes, including (i) compliance with various reporting obligations; (ii) for business or marketing purposes; or (iii) to assist such parties in understanding our users’ interests, habits, and usage patterns for certain programs, content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality available through the Service.
- DriverSync may disclose your information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws (such as U.S. copyright law),in response to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental agencies.
- DriverSync also reserves the right to disclose your information that DriverSync believes, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to (i) take precautions against liability, (ii) protect ourselves or others from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activity, (iii) investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations, (iv) protect the security or integrity of the Service and any facilities or equipment used to make the Service available, or (v) protect our property or other legal rights (including, but not limited to, enforcement of our agreements), or the rights, property, or safety of others.
- Information about DriverSync users, including personal information, may be disclosed and otherwise transferred to an acquirer, or successor or assignee as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of assets, or similar transaction, as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets.
- DriverSync may also disclose your information as may be described in a notice to you at the time the information is collected, or in any other manner to which you consent.
- If you or the Account Owner provides us with your DoT or MC number, we may share any information you provide to us, including location data, unless you expressly opt-out. Please note your information may be re-identifiable based on your DoT or MC number.
4. Your Choices.
You may decline to share certain personal information with DriverSync, in which case DriverSync may not be able to provide you with some of the features and functionality of the DriverSync Services. You may update, correct, or delete your profile information and preferences at any time by accessing your account preferences page on the DriverSync Services. If you wish to access or amend any other personal information DriverSync holds about you, or to request that we delete any information about you that we have obtained, you may contact us at Info@driver-sync.com. Please note that while any changes you make will be reflected in active user databases instantly or within a reasonable period of time, expected but not guaranteed to take place within 14 days from receipt of your request, DriverSync may retain all information you submit for backups, archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, analytics, satisfaction of legal obligations, or where DriverSync otherwise reasonably believes that it has a legitimate reason to do so.
If you receive commercial email from DriverSync, you may unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions contained within the email. You may also opt-out from receiving commercial email from DriverSync by sending your request to us by email at Info@driver-sync.com or by writing to us at the address given at the end of this policy. We may allow you to view and modify settings relating to the nature and frequency of commercial emails and communications that you receive from DriverSync on the DriverSync Services.
Please be aware that if you opt-out of receiving commercial email from DriverSync or otherwise modify the nature or frequency of commercial emails and communications you receive from DriverSync, it may take up to 14 business days for DriverSync to process your request, and you may receive commercial emails and communications from DriverSync that you have opted-out from during that period. Additionally, even after you opt-out from receiving commercial messages from us, you will continue to receive administrative messages from DriverSync regarding the Service.
5. Do Not Track Settings
California law (CalOPPA) requires DriverSync to let you know how DriverSync responds to web browser "Do Not Track (DNT) signals". Because there currently is not an industry or legal standard for recognizing or honoring DNT signals, DriverSync does not honor Do Not Track requests at this time.
6. Features or links to Web sites and services provided by third parties.
Any information you provide on third-party sites or services is provided directly to the operators of such services and is subject to those operators’ policies, if any, governing privacy and security, even if accessed through the DriverSync Services. DriverSync is not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of third-party sites or services to which links or access that may be provided through the DriverSync Services. DriverSync encourages you to learn about third parties’ privacy and security policies before providing them with information.
7. Storing Collected Information
DriverSync will store and process your information in a manner consistent with industry security standards. DriverSync has implemented technical, organizational, and administrative systems, policies, and procedures to help ensure the security, integrity, and confidentiality of your information and to mitigate the risk of unauthorized access to or use of your information. DriverSync cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to DriverSync or store on the DriverSync Services, and you do so at your own risk. DriverSync also cannot guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
If we learn of a security systems breach, DriverSync may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. DriverSync may post a notice through the DriverSync Service if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive a free written notice of a security breach you should notify us at Info@driver-sync.com.
DriverSync may transfer data that its collects to parties outside of the United States for processing and storing. Personal information that is processed and stored outside of the United States may be subject to foreign legal requirements.
By providing personal information, you are agreeing to the transfer, storing, and processing of that information and are assuming the risk if an unauthorized person obtaining that information.
8. Changes and Updates to this Policy
9. Our Contact Information
Please contact us with any questions or comments about this Policy, your personal information, our use and disclosure practices, or your consent choices by email at Info@driver-sync.com.
7800 Preston Road, Suite #115
Plano, Texas 75024